I am an Assistant Professor in the College of Information and Computer Sciences (CICS) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the flagship campus of the UMass system. I graduated with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University in 2020 (advisors: Dr. Xipeng Shen and Dr. Hamid Krim).
I work on machine learning and programming systems. I am a member of the Programming Language and Systems at Massachusetts (PLASMA) lab.
My research lies in the intersection between Machine Learning and Programming Systems:
- Improving Machine Learning (e.g., speed, scalability, reliability) through innovations in algorithms and programming systems (e.g., compilers, runtime);
- Leveraging Machine Learning to improve High Performance Computing.
I encourage all students interested in systems to attend the systems lunch.
- NCSU Electrical and Computer Engineering Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2020
- IBM PhD Fellowship, 2015-2018
- Program Committees: ASPLOS’21 (ERC), AAAI’21
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students. Please email me with your CV and trancript if you are interested in my research.